- Go to the Delete your account page. If you aren't logged in to Instagram on the web, you'll be asked to log in first.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu below Why do you want to delete [account name]? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Click Delete [username].
If you'd like to delete a different account:
- Click the username in the top-right of the Delete your account page.
- Click next to Edit profile and select Log out.
- Log back in as the account that you want to delete and follow the directions above.
After your account has been deleted, you can sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account as long as it hasn't been taken by a new person on Instagram.
Bear in mind that if your account has been removed for violating Community Guidelines, you may not be able to sign up again with the same username.