ASUS B250 MINING EXPERT LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI B250 ATX Motherboard for Cryptocurrency Mining (BTC) with 19 PCIe Slots and USB 3.1 Gen1View on Amazon
Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC PRO Core i7/i5/i3 LGA1151 Intel B250 DDR4 Supports 6 AMD and 6 NVIDIA Graphics CardsView on Amazon
GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A (LGA1151/Intel H110/Cryptocurrency Mining/2xDDR4/6xPCIE/M.2/SATA/ATX Motherboard)View on Amazon
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO Wi-Fi (Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/2xM.2 Thermal Guard/Onboard AC Wi-Fi/RGB Fusion/Gaming Motherboard)View on Amazon
MSI Performance GAMING AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics CFX ATX Motherboard (X470 GAMING PLUS)View on Amazon
ASUS PRIME Z370-A LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z370 ATX Motherboard with USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel Core ProcessorsView on Amazon
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Main items to care about before purchasing the best mining motherboards
As for the ideal mining motherboards you will need, above all, stability and versatility. You do not want the fundamental performance such as the high-end gaming motherboard. On the other hand, you want the board which assists the GPU config.
When other game motherboards might be excessive, they even operate effectively and could be outstanding for the beginners who are only beginning. No matter how the motherboard you move with, please ensure to test and track the number of GPUs you might assist.
On top of it, focusing on the motherboard dedicated to cryptocurrency mining. Those best mining motherboards have customized BIOS settings and the capability to link over 12 GPUs. The dedicated motherboards’ functions can not particularly affect the cost. In truth, you might obtain them at a low cost.
You are perhaps realizing the picture of the dedicated mining motherboard wondering how on the globe you need to set up various GPUs, and the feedback is the vertical card. It shows that you might mount the GPUs into the housing or frame without setting them up right away from the board that provides you better versatility.
While mining, you could not want the greater bandwidth connection from the GPU to the system. Thus, you should hit these cards in the traditional PCI-e slot.
1. ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E
As soon as making a lot of mining rigs, we realized that a wide range of motherboards might be used. Most of them are super affordable and they are pricey like this version.
The motherboard like ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E is on the pricey side of the motherboard. Next, it might assist eight graphics cards for mining. Some are seven Pcie slots for this product but to utilize the next GPU you want m.2 Pcie extender.
Some are double m.2 slots from which one might be utilized for both one and Pcie SSD that could be suitable for GPU.
The best motherboard for crypto mining assists the LGA1151 processor – moving with either Pentium or Celeron they offer outstanding efficiency for mining. Besides, the motherboard brings DDR4 RAM to you. In general, here is an excellent mining motherboard. Moreover, its design can assist all the GPUs with no issue. However, it drops in some additional costs. If you are seeking out the eight GPU motherboard, we make sure that the Asus ROG Strix will become a high choice.
- It can optimize the connectivity and speed.
- The double patent-pending safe slots display the great injection molding process.
- It offers double extra RGB headers.
- It is handy to use.
- You could not connect the USB-C cable without trimming this version.
2. MSI Pro Series Intel Coffee Lake H310
If you run out of six GPU motherboards on the list, you might move with this model. It is among the high six GPU mining motherboards you could purchase.
Next, mining with this MSI Pro Series H310 can not lead to any issues. Drivers and installation are super simple for either Nvidia or AMD which can be assisted. The motherboard might be an excellent choice for the ASRock motherboard. In the other words, all these motherboards can run out of stock as a lot of miners are obtaining related to this business.
It can be among the leading mining motherboards for Zcash and Litecoin. Thus, we will particularly purchase the 13 GPU motherboard to mine Ethereum. Last but not least, the mining motherboard from MSI can assist both processor and Ram. Some of the GPUs attached can execute better with double platforms like Linux and Windows.
- It assists 8th Intel Core and Celeron processors.
- The X-boost supports you to speed up the storage’s efficiency, compared to the best motherboard for mining rigs.
- The PCI Armor can protect the graphics cards from bending.
- The BIOS version will not make the computer restart quickly.
3. Gigabyte LGA1151
Another version that we want to bring to you is LGA1151. On the other hand, it is like the Gigabyte LGA1151 socket which can assist 6th generation processors. On the current market, this product arrives with seven GPU slots ready to create the ethereal mining base with leading efficiency, though the slot configuration is distinctive.
This version brings one or the different double slots rather than taking the 3xPCI. The double slots are PCI-Express 3.0x8 and PCIx4. In addition to this, it gives a similar 4xPCI-Express 3.0 for one slot like the MSI and Asus versions.
- This model assists with double-way SLI tech and 3-way crossfire.
- The memory socket comes with four DDR4 DIMM sockets.
- The design is great.
- This version is not compatible with Kaby Lake.
4. ASUS Prime Z370-A-II
The next fabulous motherboard with eight GPU rig build is the Asus Prime Z370. Although this product is quite expensive, we seemed compelled to discuss it since its predecessor the z270 was the next super highly sought-after MOBO.
Besides, it technically is not evaluated like the mining motherboard, but the manufacturer makes a great job of creating that MOBO task for mining. If mining components are entirely out then, it might be our following option because it does run on the expensive side related to MOBOs.
In reality, users can get a little bit of BIOS settings to implement to obtain the motherboard to assist 8 GPUs, but there’s a host of pretty video tutorials which make you step by step. If you select to purchase the board, we do not highly suggest you spend a lot of pennies for it, but we have to claim it is among the leading MOBO for the rigs.
- The double patent-pending safe slots bring a better injection molding process.
- It is easy to install.
- It is compatible with 9th generation core processors to optimize the connection.
- This motherboard could not support the SATA 6 and 5.
5. MSI Z490-A PRO
It is among the leading mining motherboards since it is great for mining, but since it is even better for experiencing. With the assistance of the game-centric attributes series which you might particularly associate with the boards displayed on the high-quality gaming PCs, you might take the machine which makes both.
Next, users could use memory slots, a lot of ports, and connectivity that appeals to professional players. Finally, like other recent motherboards, you might quickly track the circumstance of the Pcie slot and control the mining device with just a look, which boosts up the troubleshooting device’s installation.
- It comes with a 10th generation Intel core.
- This MSI Z490-A PRO board assists double-channel DDR4 memory to 128GB.
- The core boost tech mixes the ultimate power circuit layouts.
- The build quality is great.
- It brings you a host of overlocking attributes.
- The attached documentation is a little bad.
- The bios of this cheap mining motherboard sometimes lose the drive configuration.
1. Is CPU mining even profitable this year?
The answer is No. You want the ASIC or the GPU mining rig. The CPU mining rigs can be quite pricey and less strong than ASIC or GPU mining rigs.
2. Can I pick out the ASIC machine or the GPU mining system to optimize the cryptocurrency?
- ASIC machines: Those fit for particularly mining the coin, without switching and enhancements. While you prevent mining, you could recycle them as well.
- GPU mining systems: The GPU rigs might deal with various coins and even do some computing tasks. While people are no longer utilized for mining, they might be utilized for computing jobs.
3. Apart from selecting the great mining motherboard, how could I make the computer config?
Fundamentally, for the better optimization, you can make a better computer for mining such as
- Mining computer’s main: You select the key series which assists over six particular PCI slots like the key Biostar TB 250, or Z270. Next, the key lines assist up to six GPU slots. If somebody is fond of tech, understand that there is a better main lineup to assist 13 VGA that is focused on mining, processing power can be greater.
- Standard Ram: We highly suggest that you purchase more than 4GB of RAM.
- SSD or HDD: Particularly does not want more speed, but reliability is a leading choice, a better 120GB SSD is sufficient.
- VGA: RTX series or RX6000 series on the market.
- PSU: Power supply is a super crucial item. In the other words, we can use the system with six or a lot of graphics cards. Next, you can pick to purchase the source from around 1500W, based on the TDP for the entire system.
4. What is cryptocurrency mining?
In recent years, cryptocurrencies can emerge as a particularly common type of investment. The way it operates is that you might create and transmit those cryptocurrencies via the mining process. Next, the computer can make some attempts to predict the data string. In the other words, it can be the conjectures which identify the hash ratio.
The mining procedure is a bit complicated and is extracted from the blockchain. The blockchain is a book or records each transaction for the network. Each period the Bitcoin is purchased or sold, the record is created. Also, the transactions can be assembled with the blocks’ line, hence the name.
When it comes to the transaction, it can be verified from different clients on the network. This procedure prevents the issue of dual-spending where someone can attempt to sell a similar bitcoin many times.
5. Which processor do you want to use? AMD or Intel?
Based on those surveys, you can lastly be capable of selecting the GPU mining motherboard so easily. At this time, e-commerce sites have a big motherboards catalog. Therefore, we highly suggest you order the favorite motherboard from them.
Keep in mind that you can purchase the motherboard attached to some graphics cards for mining. We have proposed some motherboards and their assisted number of GPUs.
As for picking up which motherboard to construct the platform, any of those versions can operate. However, the budget, the GPU’s amount you want to execute, and availability might be the key deciding elements where you choose.
The primary item to care about no matter how the best mining motherboards is the GPU’s capacity. Others arrive with some slots and might hold up until 20 graphics cards.
You need to begin with at least six slot machines, even if you want to kick off economically, as you might enhance later. Keep in mind that the more GPU you want to set up for the system, the more pennies you could earn.
The suggestions on our list can be recognized for their reliability, offering you the tenacity you want to bomb the globe of cryptocurrencies. Last but not least, if you find it useful, please share this post with other friends.