SAMSUNG 55-inch Class Curved UHD TU-8300 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV With Alexa Built-in (UN55TU8300FXZA, 2020 Model)View on Amazon
SAMSUNG 65-Inch Class Crystal 4K UHD AU8000 Series HDR, 3 HDMI Ports, Motion Xcelerator, Tap View, PC on TV, Q Symphony, Smart TV with Alexa Built-In (UN65AU8000FXZA, 2021 Model)View on Amazon
VIZIO 65-Inch OLED Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Pro Gaming Engine, Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast Built-in - OLED65-H1View on Amazon
VIZIO 70-Inch V-Series 4K UHD LED Smart TV with Voice Remote, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Alexa Compatibility, V705-J03, 2022 ModelView on Amazon
VIZIO 50-inch MQX Series Premium 4K 120Hz QLED HDR Smart TV with Dolby Vision, Active Full Array, 240Hz @ 1080p PC Gaming, WiFi 6E, and Alexa Compatibility M50QXM-K01, 2023 ModelView on Amazon
Hisense ULED Premium 65U8G QLED Series 65-inch Android 4K Smart TV with Alexa Compatibility, 1500-nit HDR10+, Dolby Vision IQ & Atmos, 120Hz, HDMI 2.1,Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Game Mode ProView on Amazon
Hisense ULED Premium 55U7G QLED Series 55-inch Android 4K Smart TV with Alexa Compatibility, 1000-nit HDR10+, Dolby Vision & Atmos, 120Hz, HDMI 2.1, Game Mode ProView on Amazon
Sony X950H 75-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 ModelView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall: VIZIO 65-Inch OLED Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart TV
Best Budget: TCL 55" Class 6-Series 4K Mini-LED UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Google TV
Best Value: Hisense ULED Premium 65U8G QLED Series 65-inch Android 4K Smart TV
Editor’s Choise: Sony X950H 75-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Screen Size: Choose a screen size that best fits your room and viewing distance.
Picture Quality: Look for a TV that provides high picture quality, including a high level of brightness, contrast, and color accuracy.
HDMI 2.1 Compatibility: Ensure that the TV has at least one HDMI 2.1 port to take advantage of the higher bandwidth and support features such as 4K at 120Hz, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM).
Gaming Features: If you are a gamer, look for a TV that has features such as low input lag and high refresh rates to enhance your gaming experience.
Smart TV Features: Consider a TV with built-in smart TV features, such as streaming apps and voice control, for a more streamlined entertainment experience.
#1 SAMSUNG 55-inch Class Curved UHD TU-8300 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV
- 55-inch screen with 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Curved display for an immersive viewing experience
- HDR technology for vibrant colors and stunning contrast
- Alexa built-in for voice control and easy access to content
- Smart TV capabilities with access to popular streaming services
- 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports for connectivity
- Energy Star certified for energy efficiency
What we like:
- The curved display provides a more immersive viewing experience and reduces eye strain
- The 4K resolution and HDR technology produce vibrant colors and stunning contrast
- The TV comes with Alexa built-in, which allows for easy voice control and access to content
- The smart TV capabilities allow for easy access to popular streaming services
- The TV is Energy Star certified for energy efficiency, which can help save money on energy bills over time
What we don't like:
- The TV may be too large for some spaces, and the curved design may not be preferred by everyone
- The built-in speakers may not provide the best audio quality, and a soundbar or external speakers may be needed for a better audio experience
Our Verdict: The Samsung 55-inch Class Curved UHD TU-8300 Series is a solid choice for those looking for a large, immersive TV with smart capabilities and Alexa built-in. The 4K resolution and HDR technology produce stunning picture quality, and the Energy Star certification makes it an energy-efficient option. However, the curved design and built-in speakers may not be preferred by everyone, so it's important to consider personal preferences before making a purchase. Overall, it's a great option for those looking for a high-quality, immersive viewing experience.
#2 VIZIO 65-Inch OLED Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart TV
Specs: The VIZIO 65-Inch OLED Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart TV (OLED65-H1) boasts a 65-inch OLED display with a resolution of 3840x2160 and support for HDR and Dolby Vision. It also features HDMI 2.1 ports for high refresh rates and fast response times, a 120Hz refresh rate, and VIZIO's Pro Gaming Engine for smooth gameplay. The TV also includes smart features such as built-in WiFi, Apple AirPlay 2, and Chromecast.
What we like: The OLED display on this TV is stunning, with deep blacks and vibrant colors that really pop. The 120Hz refresh rate and Pro Gaming Engine make it a great choice for gamers, providing smooth and responsive gameplay. The TV's smart features are also very convenient, allowing for easy streaming from a variety of sources.
What we don't like: The TV's built-in speakers could be better, lacking some depth and volume compared to external sound systems. The TV's remote control is also somewhat basic, and lacks some of the more advanced features found on other TV remotes.
Our Verdict: Overall, the VIZIO 65-Inch OLED Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart TV is an excellent choice for those looking for a high-quality OLED display with advanced gaming features and smart capabilities. While the built-in speakers and remote control could be improved, the TV's impressive picture quality and fast refresh rates make it a great option for movie and gaming enthusiasts alike.
#3 TCL 65-inch 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV
- Display: 65-inch QLED with 4K UHD resolution
- HDR: Dolby Vision HDR
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Smart platform: Roku
- Sound: 2-channel 16-watt speakers
- Ports: 4 HDMI, 1 USB, Ethernet, Optical Audio Out, Headphone Jack
What we like:
- Picture quality is excellent with vibrant colors and deep blacks thanks to QLED technology and Dolby Vision HDR.
- The TV has a wide viewing angle, so you can enjoy the content from any corner of the room.
- The Roku smart platform is easy to use and provides access to a vast library of streaming services, including Apple TV+, Netflix, Disney+, and more.
- It has a low input lag, which makes it an excellent choice for gaming.
What we don't like:
- The refresh rate is only 60Hz, which might not be suitable for sports or fast-paced action movies.
- The sound quality is average and might require additional speakers or a soundbar for an immersive experience.
- The design is pretty standard and might not stand out if you're looking for a TV with a unique look.
Our Verdict: The TCL 65S535 is an excellent choice if you're looking for a budget-friendly TV with great picture quality and a straightforward smart platform. It's an ideal option for gaming and streaming, thanks to its low input lag and access to a wide range of apps. However, the average sound quality and standard design might not be the best fit for audiophiles or those looking for a unique-looking TV.
#4 Hisense ULED Premium 65U8G QLED Series 65-inch Android 4K Smart TV
- Screen size: 65 inches
- Display type: QLED
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)
- HDR: HDR10+, Dolby Vision IQ
- Audio: Dolby Atmos
- Refresh rate: 120Hz
- HDMI ports: 4 (HDMI 2.1)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
- Voice assistant: Alexa built-in
- Gaming features: Game Mode Pro
What we like:
- The picture quality on this TV is excellent, with vibrant colors and deep blacks thanks to the QLED technology and HDR support.
- The 120Hz refresh rate makes for smooth motion, especially when gaming or watching fast-paced content.
- The built-in Alexa voice assistant is a nice touch, allowing for hands-free control of the TV and other smart devices in your home.
- The Game Mode Pro feature is great for gamers, reducing input lag and optimizing the picture for a better gaming experience.
What we don't like:
- The built-in speakers aren't very impressive, and it's recommended to use an external sound system for a better audio experience.
- The user interface can be a bit sluggish at times, which can be frustrating when navigating through menus and apps.
Our verdict: Overall, the Hisense ULED Premium 65U8G QLED Series 65-inch Android 4K Smart TV is a great choice for those looking for a high-quality TV with excellent picture quality and gaming features. The built-in Alexa voice assistant is a nice touch, and the Game Mode Pro feature is a great addition for gamers. While the built-in speakers could be better and the user interface can be a bit sluggish, these issues are minor compared to the overall performance of the TV.
#5 Sony X950H 75-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- Screen size: 75 inches
- Resolution: 4K Ultra HD
- HDR: Yes, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision
- Smart TV: Yes, Android TV
- Alexa Compatibility: Yes
- Sound: 2.1 channel, 20W output
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 composite video, 1 RS-232C, 1 optical digital audio output
What we like:
- Excellent picture quality with deep blacks and vivid colors, thanks to the full-array local dimming and Triluminos display technologies.
- Good viewing angles due to the wide-angle technology, making it ideal for larger rooms or living spaces.
- The Android TV platform offers a wide variety of streaming apps and voice commands with Alexa compatibility, making it easy to navigate and use.
- The slim design and small bezels make for a sleek look, and the included cable management system helps keep cords organized and hidden.
- The 2.1 channel sound system provides good audio quality, and the Acoustic Multi-Audio technology helps to synchronize sound with on-screen action.
What we don't like:
- The user interface can be slow and laggy at times, which can be frustrating when switching between apps or settings.
- The remote control can be difficult to use and lacks a backlight, making it harder to navigate in the dark.
- The TV is quite expensive compared to other models on the market, which may be a deterrent for budget-conscious buyers.
Our Verdict: Overall, the Sony X950H 75-inch TV is an excellent choice for those looking for high-end picture quality and a wide range of features. The Android TV platform offers a great user experience, and the slim design and cable management system make for a sleek look. However, the slow user interface and high price tag may be a downside for some.
What is HDMI 2.1?
HDMI 2.1 is the latest version of the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) standard, which provides higher bandwidth and supports features such as 4K at 120Hz, VRR, and ALLM.
What are the benefits of HDMI 2.1?
HDMI 2.1 provides a range of benefits, including higher bandwidth, improved video and audio quality, and support for advanced features such as 4K at 120Hz, VRR, and ALLM.
Do all 4K TVs have HDMI 2.1?
No, not all 4K TVs have HDMI 2.1. It is a relatively new technology, so it may not be available on all models.
What is Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)?
VRR is a feature that synchronizes the refresh rate of the TV with the output of the gaming console or PC, reducing screen tearing and providing a smoother gaming experience.
What is Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)?
ALLM is a feature that automatically switches the TV to a low-latency mode when it detects a gaming console or PC, reducing input lag and improving the gaming experience.
4K TVs with HDMI 2.1 are the latest innovation in home entertainment technology, providing higher bandwidth and advanced features such as 4K at 120Hz, VRR, and ALLM. When buying a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1, consider factors such as screen size, picture quality, HDMI 2.1 compatibility, gaming features, and smart TV features. With a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1, you can enjoy a seamless and immersive viewing experience.